Tuesday, March 6, 2012

St. Patrick's Day decor

March is here, and in our neck of the woods it has definitely come in like a lion! We've had more snow in the past week than we did for most of the winter. Lucky for me, the nasty weather is a perfect excuse to hunker down and crochet or knit.

The argyle wreath above was inspired by the one I found on Pinterest and made for Valentine's Day. I had the idea for this wreath at that time, since I already had the green knitted wreath base hanging around - I meant to do something with it for Christmas, but just ran out of oomph. It's knit in a super chunky yarn (Hometown USA) in garter stitch, which I wrapped around a picture frame and sewed together. I used my Cricut and the Designer's Calendar cartridge to cut the shamrock out of chipboard, which I then used as a pattern to trace onto my two colors of felt.

The table runner was inspired by a free Red Heart afghan pattern, found here. I used two bright shades of Red Heart Super Saver green, sewing them together and doing a single crochet border around it all.

No comments: