Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Crochet cowl and Terzetto hat

The Terzetto was my first ever knit hat, and it turned out great! I found the free pattern at Goodknits. We made a trip out to Hardware Ranch Sunday, and I decided I also needed a new cowl to wear with it - even though it didn't end up nearly as cold as we expected.

The cowl was a really quick crochet I whipped up in a day. It's two strands of worsted weight yarn held together, worked in a loop, doing half double crochets through the back loops only. Easy peasy! It's long enough to wear double like I did, but you could also just let it hang long.

A close-up of the Terzetto, which has a fun triangle pattern. If I did it again, I'd make the ribbed brim a bit longer - but it's great just the way it is. I was inspired to try a knit hat thanks to Luvinthemommyhood's winter knit along, which you can find on her blog here, or here if you're a Ravelry member.

No comments: