Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Centerpiece

Ever since before Halloween we've had this cute little pumpkin (given to us by my mother-in-law) hanging around our house. I had every intention of baking it and making my own pumpkin puree for the first time, but just never got around to it. After my mom asked Averie if she was going to make a Thanksgiving centerpiece, this idea came to me out of nowhere, and I must say it turned out way cuter than I'd ever imagined, and it was so easy and inexpensive!

First I cut out a turkey face with the Animal Kingdom cartridge on my Cricut. Then I bought a pack of feathers at Hobby Lobby - with a coupon they were barely over $1, plus we still have tons left for future projects. We used a heavy-duty paper piercer from my scrapbook supplies to poke holes in the pumpkin, and then inserted the tips of the feathers into the holes.



We did this until the whole backside of the pumpkin was covered in feathers, then I attached the turkey face with a floral pin and voila! Instant super-cute centerpiece. And I love how proud Averie looks. :)

No comments: